Vanilla cake is the most basic cake in baking. After baking this cake successfully, a baking enthusiast can try any and all the other flavors depending upon the family’s taste buds :). The best thing about this recipe is the cake is eggless and the outcome is moist and fluffy as a normal egg cake.
I have heard many people saying an eggless cake cannot be as fluffy, soft and moist as a cake made with egg, but i don’t think so. An eggless cake baked properly with the right ingredients is the best cake with a great taste.
Ingredients: Servings (8 medium sized cupcakes)
All purpose flour (cake flour/maida)- 1 cup
Sugar- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (depends upon taste buds)
Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
Curd- 2-3 tbsp
Cooking oil- 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract- 1tsp
salted butter (at room temperature) – small cube
Milk (optional, added to have a flowing consistency)
– Preheat the oven @ 180 C, 10 minutes before baking.
– Sift together maida, baking powder & soda bicarbonate.
– Beat oil, softened butter, powdered sugar, milk, yogurt, and vanilla essence till light & fluffy.
– Fold in the sifted flour.
– Line a muffin/cupcake tray with liners. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cupcake cups. Be careful and pour only half into the cupcake liners as we need to give the cupcakes some room to rise. This recipe bakes almost 8-10 cupcakes.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins or until the toothpick/fork inserted comes out clean.
*Note – If liners are standard size then bake for about 20 minutes or until the toothpick/fork inserted comes out clean.
– You can bake it as a cake also. For the above mentioned qty, you can use a 6 inch round cake tin.
– Also, we can add choco chips to make the cupcakes attractive and tasty.