Chocolate cakes have been my favorite since childhood days. Whenever my mumma used to ask me, “Kanika which cake”, prompt was my reply “Chocolate cake please mumma”. Haha 🙂 those were the days, and still its the same with me. I love anything with chocolate flavor – cake, ice cream, cookies etc etc. The eggless cake recipe is very simple and easy to follow with just the right ingredients. Enjoy Baking!
- All purpose flour (cake flour/maida)- 3/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Sugar- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (depends upon taste buds)
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- Curd- 2-3 tbsp
- Cooking oil- 1/4 cup
- Chocolate (about 4-5 pieces)(optional to add, in case you are a chocolate lover)
- Vanilla essence- 1tsp
- salted butter (at room temperature) – small cube
- Milk 2tbsp ( approx, added to have a flowing consistency)
Method for Preparation:
- Preheat the oven @ 180 C, 10 minutes before baking.
- Sift together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder & soda bicarbonate. This step is generally recommended for getting a fluffy cake.
- Beat oil, softened butter, sugar, milk, yogurt, chocolate (optional) and vanilla essence till light & fluffy.
- Fold in the sifted flour.
- Line a muffin/cupcake tray with liners. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cupcake cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins or until the toothpick/fork inserted comes out clean.
- Optionally you can add roasted almond and raisins on the top after pouring the cake batter to make the cupcakes look attractive and taste delicious.
- You can bake it as a cake also. For the above mentioned qty, you can use a 6 inch round cake tin.