One of my friends wanted me to bake cupcakes for her daughter’s frozen theme party. Wow I liked the idea but it was with a twist. Her daughter is allergic to milk products, I always bake eggless cake because I have an allergy with egg but never a dairy free cake.
The research then began to find a suitable recipe and finally made a recipe work according to my needs. The cake is made of vinegar but it has to be right quantity of vinegar otherwise the cake has a very sharp taste of vinegar and baking soda. Also it had to be soya free, so used coconut cream instead.
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp coconut cream
- 1 cup water (approx)
- Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Take vinegar, coconut cream and half cup water mixture in a cup and let it rest for a while to get it curdled like yoghurt. I used coconut cream, instead soya milk can also be used, then water is not required to be added.
- Take oil in a mixing bowl, add vanilla essence, sugar and vinegar mixture.
- Now add the dry mixture and mix well.
- With this you can make almost 10 cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 20-25 min.
- For making vanilla flavour, add more flour instead of cocoa powder i.e 1and 1/2 cup flour.
Icing can also be done using vegetable shortening, icing sugar, vanilla essence or cocoa powder and a little water.